IWDRO will remain independent in its investigation of any dispute raised against a Registered Member and provides a system to assist in reaching an agreeable conclusion to any such complaint. We request that all disputes logged are dealt with in a prompt, professional and courteous manner. IWDRO intends to create a fair and unbiased system for both Members and Consumers. The IWDRO encourages open and honest dialogue between both parties, geared towards obtaining a conclusive result.
The Dispute Process
Raising a Dispute
- Click the 'Raise a New Dispute' button
- Enter your name, details and exact details of the Dispute. This information must be accurate and honest. (Inaccuracies may result in the Dispute being deleted from the system)
- Click the 'Submit' button
Once the 'Submit' button has been clicked, an email will be sent to both parties concerned to advise that a dispute has been raised, and a ticket will be opened with a unique reference number.
Member Response Period
The IWDRO Member is expected to respond to the ticket within 14 days. The Member will respond to the ticket with a view to provide information in response to the ticket. The response will be sent via email to the consumer.
If the ticket has received no response after a 7 day period a reminder email will be sent to the Member.
If an IWDRO Member does not respond within the 14 day allocated response time the dispute ticket will be closed and marked as ‘Did Not Respond’. This result will be displayed on the corresponding members profile page for a period of 12 months.
Consumer Response Period
Once a member has submitted a response the originator of the ticket has 14 days to respond. If the consumer wishes to respond to the Member they have the ability to reply with a further message. The response will be sent via email to the member.
If the consumer does not reply after 7 days a reminder email will be sent to the Consumer.
If a Consumer does not respond within the requested timeframe the dispute ticket will be closed and will be marked as a ‘Resolved’. This result will be displayed on the corresponding members profile page for 12 months.
Dispute Resolution Process
The process of members and consumers contacting each other will continue (with the specified contact timeframes) until;
- The Member does not respond
- The Consumer does not respond
- The Member and Consumer agree to close the ticket
Reporting an issue with a Dispute or Dispute Comment
The Dispute Console includes the facility for the Member and the Consumer to report the content of a dispute, and replies and comments made in relation to the dispute. If any content is deemed to be inappropriate and falls outside of the Code Of Conduct then IWDRO reserves the right to close or remove the dispute ticket in part, or in entirety.
Closing a Dispute
There are several ways that a dispute can be closed:
- The dispute remains in OPEN status until one of the below actions is taken
- Member does not respond resulting in a DID NOT RESPOND result
- Consumer does not respond resulting in a RESOLVED result
- Member and Consumer agree to mark as resolved resulting in a RESOLVED result
- Ticket is reported to IWDRO as inappropriate, or if a dispute is proven to be inaccurate or inappropriate, it will be removed with no result registered against the company profile.
* The purpose of the IWDRO dispute console is to resolve commercial situations in a non-biased and proactive manner. The IWDRO Dispute Console is aimed at providing a documented and recorded string of communication. Malicious, defamatory or inappropriate content will not be tolerated and will result in the dispute being removed from the system.
Disclaimer: IWDRO accepts no responsibility for any comments made in the raising of a dispute ticket. Defamatory, malicious, derogatory or inappropriate content MUST be reported immediately to IWDRO and such content will be removed.